Choose a Career with McDonald Murphy Machinery
- Locally owned and operated business with branches throughout Queensland
- Diverse range of machinery and equipment and in turn industry base and customers
- Challenging and rewarding positions playing an integral role within the business
McDonald Murphy Machinery is a leading machinery dealership in the rural and construction industries specialising in Case IH agricultural equipment, Case Construction, Dynapac and other major brands within these industries and more recently, extending into Outdoor Power Equipment & Lawn Care including such respected brands as Husqvarna, Hustler, Walker Mowers, and Silvan/Silvan Selecta. We are a locally owned and operated business based in Mackay with branches in Proserpine and Bundaberg and have proudly been servicing the Mackay region for over 25 years.
In association with a group of other related dealerships that stretch throughout most of eastern Queensland, we work closely together to offer our customers the best in parts, service and sales and open up an array of opportunities for our staff to work in other regions and gain a wealth of experience.
Current Positions Vacant
Small Engine Mechanic
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated SMALL ENGINE MECHANIC to join our Service Department in Mackay, to be responsible for the pre-delivery, servicing repairs and maintenance of our full range of Outdoor Power Equipment. Our facilities include a separate modern fully equipped workshop dedicated to our small engine mechanical range with support available through ongoing training and senior workshop members.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing basic and complex diagnostics.
- Performing repairs and maintenance on customer and dealer owned equipment.
- Performing pre-delivery construction and necessary checks.
- Ordering necessary parts and consumables.
- Completing job cards and timesheets.
- Communication with customers when required and providing advice on the care of their equipment.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and tidy workshop.
- Communicating with Service Co-Ordinator, Workshop Manager and the Outdoor Power Equipment Sales Representative.
- Maintaining product knowledge and attending any necessary training.
You will be required to demonstrate:
- Relevant Trade Qualifications.
- Previous experience in a similar workshop environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently.
- Good communication and written skills.
- Drive and motivation to succeed and excel at customer satisfaction.
- Ability to prioritise, work quickly and achieve a high standard of results within short time frames.
- Ability to be enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable and dedicated to your work.
- Safe work practices.
We offer an attractive remuneration package to meet experience and ongoing external manufacturer training to keep your skills up-to-date. This position is a full time position and offers the ability to work in a friendly interesting workshop environment where exceptional service and workmanship is provided for a diverse range of machinery and equipment and in turn, a broad range of customers.
The position is available for immediate start and applications will be considered as they are received.
To apply for this position, please forward your application and resume by email to:
The Manager, McDonald Murphy Machinery
Final applications close: WEDNESDAY 15TH NOVEMBER, 2017