3 minutes reading time
NEW MAXXUM MODELS SUITABLE AS CANE HAULOUTS
Exciting new Maxxum models now released in Australia
With the release of the new Case IH Maxxum 150 (6 cylinder) Multicontroller ActiveDrive 8 Transmission or CVT model, there is now another option available to sugar cane farmers and harvesting contractors when it comes to tractors suitable as cane haulouts.
Although the Case IH Pumas have always been the tractor of choice for haulouts, and will continue to be when hauling larger cane bins of 14 tonnes which operate mainly in the Mackay/Sarina regions, in say our Proserpine area where the bins are generally smaller at 10 tonnes, the new Maxxums could be ideal.
Another option as a haulout tractor for smaller cane bins
There are numerous features that make the new Maxxums suitable for a wide range of applications on your property (see our NEWS article link below), but when it comes to hauling cane, these are worth considering:
- ActiveDrive 8 Transmission is a new dual-clutch, powershift transmission offering eight gears in three ranges, providing a total of 24 speeds in both forward and reverse. The amount of speeds available allows farmers to cover a wide range of tasks on farm, from loading applications to heavier draft work such as cane haulouts. As it says in our News article, "this transmission is ideal for power hungry tasks where momentum is important".
- The new transmission and the dual-clutch technology means more efficiency in operation and in turn better fuel savings.This has contributed to the new models winning numerous awards overseas including 2018 Machine of the Year and 2019 Tractor of the Year.
- The introduction of the Multicontroller in the new model is one you will appreciate once get used to it, will make life easier for the operator as well as to activate the great new smart features now available.
- Brake to clutch function (ActiveClutch II) uses the brake to partially or fully engage the clutch for slowing the tractor or bringing it to a stop.This will be particularly handy when positioning at sidings and needing to inch the tractor forward or to reverse to line up bins.Avoid riding the clutch or having to shift into neutral.
- Adaptive Steering allows for faster and easier turns with less steering movements at the end of your run.
- Longer wheelbase provides extra stability and smoother ride without compromising turning radius.
- The smart functions of "Smart Range Shift" and "Smooth Shift" will make travelling to sidings so much easier, quicker and smoother, something you will really appreciate at the end of a big day and the non- stop hours in the tractor getting the cane off. Smart Range Shift will allow the tractor to get back up to travelling speed quickly without shifting through all the gears – can just easily change range at any time.Smooth Shift changes the engine revs to match your speed, so that when shifting into higher/lower gears it is a lot smoother and is particularly handy when under load.
- Compared to the Pumas, the new Maxxum may be a cheaper option while still having the power and grunt to do the job.
Don't forget to check out our latest article on the new Maxxum models as well as the great YouTube clip from Case IH incorporated in the article. (See the article link below)
Give me a call today if you would like more info or a quote on one of the latest Maxxum 150s.